Discover more from Dear Father God
Being a Good Steward This Month
As I write to you today, I am excited to continue to introduce the theme of being a good steward this month. Stewardship is an important concept that is often discussed in the Bible. It teaches us how to take care of things that have been entrusted to us, including our time, talents, and resources.
As we embark on this journey together, I want to share with you five biblical examples of stewardship.
Dear Father God is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support my work, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.
1. The parable of the talents: where Jesus teaches that we should use our talents wisely and invest them for the glory of God. (Matthew 25:14-30)
2. The story of Joseph: who was a good steward over the resources that were given to him. (Genesis 37-50)
3. The story of the widow's mite: where Jesus praised the widow for giving all she had, even though it was a small amount. (Mark 12:41, Luke 21:1-4)
4. The story of the Good Samaritan: who was a good steward over his time by helping someone in need. (Luke 10:29-37)
5. The story of the Prodigal Son: where the father was a good steward over his resources by forgiving his son and welcoming him back home. (Luke 15:11-32)
As we explore these examples of stewardship, let us remember the prayer that we will say at the end of this month:
Dear Father God, We come to you this Wednesday morning thanking you for keeping us as we slept. Father, wrap your arms around us today. Forgive us of our sins. Transform our will into Your will today. Make us great stewards over the things you have given us. Grant miracles for your people today. Make ways out of no ways. In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen. 🙏🏾
I am excited to learn more about stewardship with you this month. Let us strive to become better stewards of all that God has given us.
Tune into a new episode of Dear Father God Podcast on all streaming platforms and YouTube every Thursday!